Be well-informed before you start to the slopes
To return safely from your ski holiday, you should consider the following questions:
- What is your level of physical fitness?
- How well can you ski?
- How much experience have you had in the mountains?
- Is your equipment OK?
It is very important to assess yourself honestly.
The ski schools surrounding Saalbach, Hinterglemm and Vorderglemm offer one-on-one tuition and group courses for skiers of all levels.
Click here for the ski and snowboard schools in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
If you want to have a check for your equipment , enhance your gear or hire great ski equipment, inform your self in one of the sport outlets or ski rental shops around Hotel Schachner.
Click here for the sports outlets and ski rental shops in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Breathe clean mountain air - A boost for your health
Did you know that thanks to its altitude the climate in Saalbach Hinterglemm stimulates metabolism and has a positive effect on the psyche?
To get the best out of your winter holidays consider the following tips:
- Prepare your body for your favourite winter sport by exercising or hiking
- Choose the correct technique when skiing
- Try to take large turns with bigger radiuses
- Adjust your speed and time spent on the slopes to the level of your physical fitness, your experience on skis and in the mountains and to your equipment
- Avoid icy slopes and steep mogul slopes
- Wear a helmet
- Don’t forget to rehydrate
To ensure your safety during your holidays the International Ski Federation has established international rules of conduct for skiers and snowboarders.
Free ski bus
Use of the ski bus that connects Jausern - Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Hochalm and Lengau is included in your ski pass. During peak season the bus stops every 20 minutes and during the low seasen every 30 minutes at all stops.
The regular bus line 680 connects Zell am See, Maishofen, Saalbach and Hinterglemm.
Party enthusiasts can take the Nightliner night bus on weekends, it connects Zell am See-Maishofen-Saalbach-Hinterglemm.